Friday 22 October 2010

To strip or not to strip...

I foolishly decided to strip/sand the entire banister in the house and naively thought - time scale, "one weekend tops, easy!".


Approx 26 hours in, with the aid of some manly men folk (Ste B, Steve and John K), I'm about half way through. 


So far I've borrowed a paint stripper heat gun and a heavy duty extension cable from my Dad's private tool hire company. I've already blown the extension cable, in fact, set it on fire from over heating! Sorry Dad. 


I've also bought:
another heat gun for double the effectiveness
various scrapers
Nitromors  
Black and Decker Mouse sander (more to follow on this tiny beauty)
a new extension cable


Some before and afters pics for your perusal.









Carpets going down this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. very nice & worth the hard work! why do people paint over lovely natural wood???

    ReplyDelete